Saturday 22 December 2012

Evaluation of the Continuity Task



Evaluation of the Continuity Task

How has the continuity task aided your understanding of the film process?

 This continuity task has taught me a lot of things about making a film first hand. Going out and filming the footage ourselves and in my own case playing small role in the continuity task helped me to learn various things about the practical side to filming, for instance it is very important that you do not break the 180 degree rule. I truly believe that the problems my fellow group mates and I had encountered when filming our continuity task will defiantly benefit us in making the the opening title sequence!

 What problems did we come across during the continuity task and how did we overcome them?

 When we began to filming process of the continuity task no one in my group had used the video recording equipment, but soon after familiarising ourselves with it, it became like second nature. The same problem cropped up when we were in the editing stage of process of making the final product of the continuity task; the problem was the fact that none of us knew how to use any of the editing software, however our teacher Mr Michie and Mr Ford quickly pointed us in the right direction, which was a great help. The ending of the final product it would be fair to say was not executed to the best of abilities, the shots did not flow perfectly due to a timing issue. However I am sure that this will not be a problem in the actual Thriller project.

 What did you do well on in your continuity task?

 On a whole I do believe that the continuity task went rather well considering this was my groups first attempt at filming and first attempt at editing our own footage. In the actual filming process we managed to use a wide variety of camera angles, we also we able to not break the 180 degree rule (however, this took careful concentration because it is easy to do it without thinking, which will get you in a bit of a pickle). Even though we made one or two wrong decisions I one hundred percent believe that we have learnt through trial and improvement from our mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment