Monday 3 December 2012

Strengths and Weaknesses of Editing

Strengths and Weaknesses of Editing


This is a picture of my notes from class, where I learnt for the first time how to edit. We used Adobe Premiere Pro. Our (Melissa and I) task was to watch a clip of a previous students thriller coursework and then try and recreate it as close to the original as we could. We had to recreate the clip from the raw files and insert non diegetic sound and music, we also had to put the titles into the clip as well. 

Around 3/4 of the way through the lesson our original saved file of our editing work was accidentally deleted, as a result of this the only thing we could do was to start the whole process all over again, which was very frustrating. On a whole I found the editing task to be relatively straight forward but not too easy. I found this whole exercise thoroughly enjoyable. This lesson was very important in my media work, because I now know the basics of editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment