Thursday 18 October 2012

Evaluation of Finley's Analysis of 'Homeland'


Finley's Analysis of Homeland






Evaluation: 

From evaluating Finley Harnett's analysis on the show 'Homeland' it has come to my attention that TV shows just as much as films rely on having an important opening sequence. From my evaluation I have learned that 'Homeland" is a political thriller. Before we watch the clip Finley very kindly provided us with an introductory paragraph which gives me a brief synopsis; this is extremely helpful in my understanding of the opening sequence. 

Finley then also goes into detail about the way that the archive footage get the audience thinking of those terrible events in history, which very much create's fear in the audience. the conclusion that Finley has made gives a clear indication of his understanding into the techniques used to make Homeland a 'Straightforward political thriller.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment